Friday, September 2, 2011

ThePlan11- Day 2


Today which will be day 2, the bible exposition started off with the book of Jonah in Chapter 1, where it spoke about Jonah who ran away from God because He didn’t want to preach against Nineveh. I believed that it wasn’t easy to speak to someone that you dislike so badly, I too have people in my life that I feared quite as much. I don’t despise the other party, it’s just that I do not have much love and compassionate which is even enough to pray for those around me.

 God kept reminding me of the fact that if I have the resources and do not use them, what’s the point of even having them, and I was thought again about the blessings that were given to us so that we could be blessings to people around us, which also speaks of Israel being the centre of the world map for it will be the nation that pours blessings over the other nations around her.

I was challenge to break open my prejudice against certain group of people, I wonder if we or I for that matter have prejudices against others with different skin colour, how different am I compare to Jonah who was supposed to go over to preach against Nineveh.

There were 2 workshops that I attended today; I was supposed to pick out 2 from out of 4 workshops. My first and second choices were:

  1.      Can I be a student and still do missions?
  2.      Strategic prayers and Un-reached people

 At first, I wanted to take up Business, Works and Missions but someone told me that I should be picking something which is more relevant in wherever I am at the moment, to be more direct, pick up what seem to be the student approach rather than the working life approach. He seems right after I made the change, I was thankful that God send someone to tell me that I should be somewhere else rather than the choice that I made. Thank you God J

I feel like it’s not just necessary to do missions on the mission field but what we can do as students is to be able to mobilise missions as well, to encourage them financially, and moral support, being there for them. I have never realised how hard it was for the missionaries who were involve in the field, although I personally am involve in my own university Christian fellowship.

In strategic prayer and church planting, I learn a lot from the speaker, he thought us a lot on the spiritual mapping in certain situations where we can take advantage of it. And I started to believe that discipleship is a fundamental and crucial foundation in one’s live, it’s not just about salvation anymore but to follow up with them and enable them to have a relationship with our dear and loving God.

And I saw today how small the Christian group really is, and WOW the harvest are plentiful, I am hoping in my heart that by engaging the community, I could have real conversations, real friends, er…. I think let others know that I am serving a God of wonders, who is real and living and sovereign, which is also my creator J

I am just hopeful that I could continue to seek God for my calling, and while waiting I will serve Him and prepare my heart till the time has ripen for me to receive it, till then I will continue waiting and serving in everything that I do, I want to have good character and be competent in it. J

No comments:

Post a Comment