Sunday, September 4, 2011

ThePlan11- Day 3


It’s been great for the last few days, sad to say I couldn’t blog everything about it on time, either I am too tired or do not have the sufficient time to do it.

During the 3rd day of the conference, the bible exposition that was discussed based on Jonah chapter 2 and 3 spoke about Jonah repenting in the belly of a fish, how was it like in there? I also want to know how will it be swallowed by a fish, who won’t?

Being in that stomach for 3 days and 2 nights reminds me so much of Jesus’ resurrection after 3 days and 2 nights of being in that tomb. Praise the Lord! Anyway, after he repented, God ordered the fish to spit him out to dry land, it was pretty much really like God’s heart to do something of the sort, this shows that God is ever loving, gracious, slow to anger, compassionate, and abounding in love. Each of this has its own meaning that defines what my God is all about. How I hope that I could have God’s heart to love His people, for His people. I so badly want it. J

What caught my attention in this Jonah chapter 2 was about how he prayed when he was in distress. He looked to God and not find any solution elsewhere. He believed with all his heart that if he will be safe and relieved of his frustration and whatever situation he was in. This verse shows it



“When my life was ebbing away,

I remembered you, LORD,
and my prayer rose to you,
to your holy temple.

8 “Those who cling to worthless idols
turn away from God’s love for them.
9 But I, with shouts of grateful praise,
will sacrifice to you.
What I have vowed I will make good.
I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the LORD.’”


So yeah, not to mention that God won’t change His mind and He will remind us again and again when He has called us to be. And another thing about God is that when He started to be compassionate for the people and He changed His mind when the Ninevites repented of their sins and their past. Wow I could only say! And God desires from us a 100%, I decided that I should start to slowly give my time bit by bit to Him a 100% although it’s not easy to begin with.

Besides that, I have attended 2 workshops, one was titled Politics and Missions, and another was Social Media. I personally enjoyed the Social Media workshop since it actually relates to me really well, but for the Politics and Missions workshop, it enlightens me a lot that I should pray in this field and yeah, be in the know of stuff, I as a Malaysian, could do much here in transforming this nation, and partly helped in claiming Malaysia for You, Jesus.

I am getting much more interested in blogging when I found out that I could actually get paid for it, I could use it to do great things for God…and yeah personally my own funding too J
At night, we have a session of Lift Up Our Eyes to the world, a planet where God has place in our care to reach out too, with God’s love. We prayed throughout that night that we could go wherever God send us to. And personally I want to!

Then after that night, we took a few pictures for remembrance since that was the last night for us all, before the last session the next morning. I was really glad that I could be there to learn about God’s heart, next thing I am aiming for is to really be in one short term mission trip, in God’s perfect time, I will make it there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment