Tuesday, November 8, 2011

When sadness and disappointment arise

Yesterday wasn't such a good time for me, I guess I was just being paranoid and hallucinating by the fact that I can't fully accept. I can't accept till yesterday that I am not in the committee anymore, and it makes me feel disconnected and unwanted in many situations. I forgot that the One that had call me is not man, but God. I spoke to a friend yesterday, he told me that I shouldn't hold onto to it anymore. Just have to learn to let go whatever that's in the past. 


I came across a passage that says the same thing in Philippians 3: 12-14.


12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
This happened while I was reading Out Of The Habour by Jia Min Choo. It keep reminding me to look ahead of what God has for me, don't look bad whether it's good or bad. Jesus is the Author of my salvation and my life, that I need to have it in me. Praise the Lord.


I also actually have been reminded today morning while reading that I shouldn't have confidence by my own strength, for I know personally, I am weak. I believed that Someone is stronger than me, and that's Jesus Himself. This comes from this passage, Philippians 3: 2-6.


2 Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh. 3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh— 4 though I myself have reasons for such confidence.
If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5 circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; 6 as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.
A lot have been happening within me for a while now, I am afraid of what is yet to come, I forgot that I have a great God in Heaven who is the controller of my life. I should face life brave and confident. Whatever comes my way, let it come, I won't be afraid because I am assured of who I am in Christ. Frankly speaking, I place my problems bigger than God that I couldn't see God anymore. Today only, I realized that I have place my priorities wrong and Jesus should be the focus of my life, not some mere past which upsets me over and over again.


Thank You God for everything, even the sad times when You were by me hearing all that I wanted to pour out. And thank You for sending someone to speak to me when I need it. I wish to hear from You rather, but when the time is right, I will trust that You know best.


Blessed be those who are reading right now. :)


Do take care and have a blessed week ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment