Sunday, January 26, 2014

Being in the amidst of uncertainty and there God was...~~

Just wanted to share of a wonderful testimony that reminds me to trust God in the most unforseen circumstances in the world. It has been quite a hectic few weeks that consists of rushing of thesis as well as finishing assignments and also wrapping up a some final papers before I get to leave uni life for good. 

Planetshakers conference and concert was around the corner...

In the last few weeks leading up to it, I was pretty positive that I wouldn't even think of going for the concert, but I was pretty mistaken. As the concert came closer week by week, day by day... I was only thinking about finishing my exams and finally my thesis, freedom was on my own mind. That's all I could think of during that period of time about how I am gonna struggle with thesis and the tight schedule that follows. 

Since the conference and the concert was a 3 days 3 nights thing, I was very much bombarded with news on facebook in regards to how awesome the conference really was. As for the concert, I have already knew how awesome it was through the sound of it, through the Youtube videos I have watch through the last few years when I was a new Christian growing at a local church. I was pretty crazy about it but as time went by, the fire and craziness start to die down. 

So you can say that this concert came in at a time when I was pretty close to being ignorant about how I personally felt about Christian concerts and evangelistic events. 

Anyway, back to the story... 

I was starting to have a very indecisive train of thought where I was laying out the pros and cons of attending the concert, and how much everything will cost me that night just to go out there and enjoy myself. I finally decided that I couldn't make that decision on my own. It was then when I decided to pop God a random question..
what do You think? should I go for the concert? You make that decision for me 
After that, I just decided to randomly place a statement on facebook to get some replies or at least rant my indecisive yet frustrating train of thought to the world. Lo and behold, a course mate of mine decided to pop in and ask if I will be making a trip down to the concert. I was then being my indecisive self and just told him yes, I am... 

And then down in my heart, I was like dude, someone made that decision for you already, why not just take that decision and go for it. 

Then, I actually planned it all out with him about going down to PJ where the concert will be held. It never once cross my mind that God was behind all of this from the beginning itself. After that, as I was late in getting back from my workplace, I decided to grab Mcd and I was pretty much in a rush. 

When I got to the meeting spot where I was supposed to meet my friend and I was pretty late when I got there. He was nowhere to be found...and I started munching on my already cold chicken burger and just sucking furiously at the straw, but I was like well, I was in a very fortunate state where I did not need to drive down to the concert venue with an empty stomach. My friend actually got to the meeting spot 15 mins after I got there which gave me lots of time to finish my meal. 

Drove down and guess what, found a parking spot next to the church, no traffic jam on the highway so we reached there at a fair travelling time. While it was believe to be lucky or people would say luck being on our side, I think that's probably more than just luck. Luck don't come at you over and over again just on that very fine day. It was definitely God at work calling me out at the right time to the right place. 



Came down and join the overflowing line already at the church where we were finally place in the "overflowing" room where I believe it was just gonna be a telecast session while the real thing is happening down at the main auditorium. I decided to try my luck when the concert started, by sneaking out of the room and down to the main hall. I just pop in a random question again to one of the ushers there
is the hall really packed already? 
She just said yes but went on and asked me if I would like to go in, since there will be one more spot left in the upper part of the main hall. Without thinking, I just said yes and went in. I was so excited that I broke into a run on the way up the stairs. I really did enjoy myself that night with all the songs that blasted through my soul. 




Being able to stay positive through the whole session from the beginning leading up to the night was the best thing that ever happened to me. But my point here was just trusting God, not worrying what will happen next... to be honest, it never slip my mind that I will even be praising God in the main hall that night. Everything have been so random to the point that I wasn't even sure where to start. 

The night was truly remarkable, and I don't think I regret going, or missing any part of it in the nights before.. Because I could continue to praise and worship my wonderful and faithful Creator, Saviour and Friend wherever I may go through the days of my life 

No comments:

Post a Comment