Saturday, June 15, 2013

Being selected to attend the Samsung GALAXY S4 roadshow!

That evening right after class was announced to be canceled at COE, Uniten, I got this phone call from Samsung Mobilers at MYC.

As always that call gives me a sense of an overwhelming excitement. I was right to be so excited about the call, this is because I was selected to be one of the Samsung Mobiler Writers that rides in the pilot team, or also known as the pilot test group. I am grateful for being selected again as part of another pilot team in Samsung Mobilers under MYC

This has given me a head start in being expose to a smaller group working on a similar project as well as having the opportunity to be familiar with the system before the system is open up to the public. 

OK, back to my story. After being brief about this pilot test group, we were given our first assignment which was at Taylors Lakeside Campus the next day. 

A roadshow for Samsung devices took place at the campus that morning and among the 5 that were present during the briefing, me and Summer decided to go for the roadshow to carry out the first part of the assignment (there's part 1 and 2 in it). Part 1 was to get ourselves a video shoot session with our pro videographer Gary! While part 2 was an assignment for those who couldn't make it to the roadshow that morning. 

Made it to the roadshow that morning almost afternoon in a hurry due to bad transportation schedule. 


Devices on the table (Samsung Galaxy 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy S4)

The Samsung Galaxy S4 was left on the table waiting to be tested out by curious passer by. I was just as excited to be able to find myself playing the phone in front of the camera. Took some time figuring out the features and everything on the phone should be at. 

Samsung Galaxy S4 has some cool features:
  • Drama Shot
  • Sound and Shot
  • Dual Camera
  • Group Play
So I got to try every new feature that the phone has to offer on the spot with the widest grin on my face. I could never stop smiling from the time Samsung Galaxy S4 was shown and explained to me by an ambassador at the roadshow that morning. 

The first feature that I tried out was Drama Shot. It was a new feature that allows the object to be shot at different times during an act. I shot a few pictures of mine while playing around with the phone. Mind you, it was an exercise program needing to jump all over the place just to test how good the feature really was. 


Exercise program for Drama Shot

A good sample shot from one of the ambassadors


As for the Sound and Shot feature, me and Summer decided to take each other's shots and then comment into it. Too bad I wasn't able to catch the sound part that came together with the shot. Though I would imagine this feature to be a great one especially for keeping memories of travelers traveling to different parts of the world catching wonderful sound with beautiful pictures too. I seem to also believed that having sound together with the pictures, it seem to make the pictures more lively and not just something plain to look at. 

As for the Dual Camera, I should believed that the pictures can say much for itself. Its like having 2 cameras working at the same time. the smaller frame will normally represent the secondary camera, while the whole picture will be for the primary camera to capture its shots. I would really so love to have this particular feature integrated into my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The frame that covers the side of the mini pictures that have taken thru the secondary camera can be changed to different designs too.






There is the heart shape design, fading circular design, fish eye design, and i think side by side design, and a few others. This feature makes it easier to get a full view of what needs to be taken as well as placing the photographer within the frame of the picture. I wonder what can be anymore better than having such a handy feature in various situations such as traveling, or any shots that the photographer wants to be part of as well such as gatherings, outings, or being part of a family portrait. There are other creative methods of using this feature too. 

Group Play gives a whole new definition to the term sharing the smart phone world. This feature enables its user to have a very rare style of sharing information, and media such as music, games and pictures. So far I have not found any style of sharing in the market enabling the user to connect wireless to other devices and being able to synchronize the devices to either have a slide show for pictures or being able to play songs at the same time. Group Play also enables the users to have 2 or more devices being enabled to challenge one another in multi player games making it so much exciting, and it is done wirelessly. 

We finally ended the whole thing by doing a small commentaries by both me and Summer. I took a few times trying to sound natural in my words and I finally did it. Not too perfect like some advertisers on TV but it should do for now being a newbie at this. 


So after covering every part of the features that were key parts of the phone. Summer and I narrowed down our discovery to other features that are pretty new in the market and also an exciting feature to behold. They are known as Air Gesture and Air View. There are some demos that I could share thru the pictures that I have about this features. Hopefully you guys get to understand better what is this all about :)
Air view (pictures popping out in gallery with finger hovering above the phone)





Message preview pops up with finger hovering above it (air view activated)



An overall summary is that I personally felt that I wouldn't get to enjoy all this benefits, being in front of the camera and getting to play around with gadgets, traveling and doing stuff people rarely do. It gets possible by being a Samsung Mobiler and I am very glad that I am one right now. I can't speculate how much more I would get to participate in the future. I am really excited and this is only the BEGINNING! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment