Friday, April 6, 2012

God's love


I decided that I will attend CF at STAR today since I have that free time on my hands, besides I was curious when Chester mention come with an open heart.

When I reached today, they were sharing about what Good Friday and Easter were all about. There were many wild guesses but mostly the worldly point of view, like eggs and bunnies.
But seriously, its more than just all that, it was about LOVE. Jesus took all that pain, hurt, sin, everything that was consider evil in God’s eyes and took it upon Him for our sake, it’s hard to believe that anyone will want to do that for anyone of us. But He did it. Today He is alive and well in heaven, and we are all reminded of what He did for us 2000 years ago.

I came back home thinking of my personal problems that I have, problems that could make me look bad and unloved in front of others. I have not read the word in a while, I have not felt any love for God in a while. I have been a rebellion to God cause I could not carry out what I should have been obedient to. I felt unloved, because I could not perform.

When I looked at the participants attending CF, I felt like someone who have been dead for a long time due to the fact that I did not grow in a while, and the opposite of growing is dying.
I felt like I have left Christianity, cause I have given up but I was wrong.

I saw this video that make me realised that He still love me and wants me so badly, and He did not give up on me, but I did.

He loves me, He knows what He was getting Himself into when He died on the cross for me. He knew the future, that I will be a mess, I will be drawn to evil stuff. I will be ungodly in so many ways. But He chose to carry the burden that I may have eternal life with God someday, that I may look spotless, blameless to Him when I arrived that day.

I realised that God’s love for me have never been performance based (I have not performed well according to God’s standards for a long time). But God’s love is unconditional no matter how bad you have been, no matter what u have done wrong to hurt others, or yourself.

I just hope that this will have encouraged you, I believed that I have learnt something valuable today. Have a great Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment