Sunday, November 6, 2011

Serving God in the Kitchen

Man...today was some day that I had, one thing about being at church this week was totally different from other normal Sundays. By normal, I meant that I do not have to sit at youth service as usual. This time, due to the upcoming youth camp. The youth group committee organised few fund raising events, and one of it was today's sushi making a.k.a makan-ing event. 


About few weeks before the event, me and Su Mei were chosen as the head of operation for the event, calling people to help, making arrangements with the chef, getting the place, and helping out to get things to go in order. Sad to say, most of the work have been done by Su Mei, and I would say i didn't do much when it came to the organizing part. I only managed to get a friend to help, but she called like almost 10 helpers. 


Anyway, long story short, we did had our part of the fun making something like "tong-yun" and grinding vegetables and stuff of the sort. We made something that looks familiar to me, something like a Bento. My sister also had fun while waiting for me to fetch her to Jusco, she made new friends (supposedly old but I guess it doesn't matter), while helping out in the kitchen. Personally, I taught a new believer that we could serve others and God yet have fun. He did have fun today and it's a testimony to God and for Him as well. 


Finally, I couldn't express how great the food were after the whole event was over with. We have to clean up, and yeah thank God so much, not having to do extra work with the washing. There were a bunch to wash up if we were to do it ourselves, and also not to mention that most of the helpers had to leave for home, classes etc. 


I am glad that I find joy in serving You and others today, Lord. But most of all, I am happy to spend time with my other brothers and sisters in Christ namely, Leong Su Mei, Grace, Grace Tan, Vanessa, Natasha Hean, Jeffrey Tee, Elijah, Winnie Chew, Aisha Tan, and Steven Lee. 


p.s. what a surprise that I found out that Steven our chef was Han Jian's brother... :p

No comments:

Post a Comment